Alone and On My Own ~ What Now? Get a New Bed!

You know life throws everyone a curve ball. For example, you may not be with the person of your dreams forever, or your may not live in the best neighborhood to really live your life. If your 30 or 50 years old, you can always make lemonade from lemons. So, I did just that, I moved out last month and manage to find a "somewhat" affordable place to live in the city. It just so happen it's one of the most expensive U.S. cities in the country, San Francisco. But everything is here minus less guns and more arts and culture. Not to say the other parts of the country doesn't but walking distance to many of these places is priceless. You get to play tourist everyday if you so choose. Who wouldn't?

So one of my first steps in "moving on" for the time being is to seek comfort. By buying an affordable loving bed. The saying goes, "I'm alone but not lonely". So, I quickly started searching the internet and locally for the close to perfect bed and frame, one that I could start to live with and really appreciate the purchase and the use of my limited budget for being on my own. The bed purchase wasn't too complicated, I went online and searched for key words, "bed", "firm", "mattress", after a few clicks and enter, several sites appeared. I went through Mattress Firm.On their site, they had a section for shop by price, budget, under $700.00 as a good investment. GOOD TIP: if you connect with customer service online, you know the pop up chat person, when you confirm your bed, ask if they are willing to throw in a pillow as part of the deal, the worst they can say is no, but it doesn't hurt to ask. You'll see in my photo below, I got one for FREE. I didn't want to go cheap, it's your sanctuary, come on, spend a little, you'll be glad you did. I was impressed, they delivered within two weeks, and it worked out, happy as can be. Your asking how I ended up choosing a particular bed? Well, when I stay a hotels that tend to be at least a three star, I take a peek at the mattress name that they have, if it's comfortable, I remember the brand. For this purchase, I ended up with just a bed without a box spring as I decided on getting a platform frame for my mattress. That's my next topic. That's also why my bed is much more inexpensive, I've saved some money in my budget to get a good platform bed frame.



Luckily, Amazon had one for starters, a great platform bed frame. With a Amazon $50 gift card that I had sitting in my account, it helped me purchase this bed frame for well under $200. I chose the Zinus Upholstered Button Tufted Premium Platform Bed / Strong Wood Slat Support / Dark Grey, Queen. So popular that last time I checked, it's not available. It's easy to assemble, I would say just over an hour.

The challenge was convincing the delivery guys to bring it up to my door on the second floor, to no avail, it was left in the lobby after I asked them to after buzzing them in. I guess you need to really be there to instruct them. At any rate, it made in my apartment. From start to finish, I found comfort in an affordable bed. I wonder what else I can stock up for my new beginning? Stay tuned.



Comments